Monday, March 1, 2010

Today is my birthday

Yes, today, at 6:30 a.m. I turned 23. Here's the great thing about living with my grandparents: as old as I felt compared to my sister and the high school kids at work, I can still come home and feel young compared to my roommates. Even the cat, who celebrated his 21st birthday this year, makes me feel young and spry.

Another good thing about living with my grandparents: when customers at work asked what my plans were for my birthday I told them I was going over my parents' house to have a nice dinner. This made me appear like a independent young person living on my own - not like a moocher who's "landlord" doesn't really ever keep track of rent.

All in all, it was a good day. Pop was crabby but fine all day. Nana had to go to the dentist and will soon be getting a titanium "fence" to secure her three front teeth. Between the titanium fence and her metal knees, she will be the scourge of all airport security.

No comments:

Post a Comment